Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Meditating

I printed off a post on Sunstone about Mormon Mantras
by a guy named Philip McLemore and studied it. I'm going to study it more, but I recommend it as a guide for meditation. Maybe beginning meditation.

I have wavered in my mantras in my two efforts in the last week at meditation. One was "Jesus, thou son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner" and the other "Create in me a clean heart, o Lord."

I haven't done it enough to know if I will have the same results as Mr. McLemore, but I'll report back. I think there might be something to it.

Here's the link: http://sunstoneonline.com/magazine/issues/141/141-20-31.pdf

2 comments:

A. Nonny Mouse said...

I've never done mantra-based meditation before, but man, mindfulness meditation is some pretty good stuff. It really helps me learn to get rid of negative thoughts and to just learn how to calm down in general.

annegb said...

Thanks, I ran it off and I'll study it. I think this will help me quite a bit.