Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Take notes, so you can say you knew me when.

Remember when annegb asked if we had ever met anyone famous? I forgot that Ken Jennings is famous. What's more, I could be famous in a year -- I'm in the contestant pool for Jeopardy! this year. You can read all about my audition experience over at Kulturblog. Or not. It's a long post. You might want to save yourself the time.

In the meantime, a quote from Julia (age 5) this time:

Julia (to Kristen): You have to be careful when you back up the car because you might squish someone if they're behind the car.

Kristen: Yes, you have to be very careful.

Julia: And then they would die.

Kristen: Yes, they would. That would be very sad.

Julia (after a reflective pause): What would happen if you and dad both got squished by a car and died?

Kristen: I don't know. What do you think?

Julia: That would be bad.

Kristen: Why?

Julia (after another long pause): Well, who would tell us if it was ok to watch a movie then?

2 comments:

Susan M said...

Haha. Awesome.

annegb said...

Yeah, they might have to figure that out by themselves. lol That's the kind of thing secure children think when they consider their parents death. It's a good thing. :)

I want to know the very minute you go to Jeopardy. I want to watch and say, "I know that guy." You could call me on a hard question.

Oh, that's a different game show.

The trick with Jeopardy is knowing when and how to push the buzzer, Bryce. That's the important part.

How do you know Ken Jennings?