Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Take notes, so you can say you knew me when.

Remember when annegb asked if we had ever met anyone famous? I forgot that Ken Jennings is famous. What's more, I could be famous in a year -- I'm in the contestant pool for Jeopardy! this year. You can read all about my audition experience over at Kulturblog. Or not. It's a long post. You might want to save yourself the time.

In the meantime, a quote from Julia (age 5) this time:

Julia (to Kristen): You have to be careful when you back up the car because you might squish someone if they're behind the car.

Kristen: Yes, you have to be very careful.

Julia: And then they would die.

Kristen: Yes, they would. That would be very sad.

Julia (after a reflective pause): What would happen if you and dad both got squished by a car and died?

Kristen: I don't know. What do you think?

Julia: That would be bad.

Kristen: Why?

Julia (after another long pause): Well, who would tell us if it was ok to watch a movie then?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha. Awesome.

annegb said...

Yeah, they might have to figure that out by themselves. lol That's the kind of thing secure children think when they consider their parents death. It's a good thing. :)

I want to know the very minute you go to Jeopardy. I want to watch and say, "I know that guy." You could call me on a hard question.

Oh, that's a different game show.

The trick with Jeopardy is knowing when and how to push the buzzer, Bryce. That's the important part.

How do you know Ken Jennings?