Friday, December 21, 2007

Conversation with Bill about Bacon

(all in a cordial tone)

Bill: "You know how you've been cutting the bacon in half?"

Me: (reclining on the couch trying to wake up) "Yeah."

Bill: "Don't do it anymore."

Me: "I like it cut in half. It fits the pan."

Bill: "I don't like it cut in half. I don't care how it fits."

Me: "I like it cut in half."

Bill: "I don't like it cut in half."

Me: "I like it."

Bill: "I don't like it."

Me: "I do."

Bill: "I don't.

Me: "I do."

Bill: "I don't. Don't do it anymore."

Me: silence

That was over the one time in the last 6 months I've made breakfast. He wins the argument because I rarely cook breakfast anyway. I make good dinners, though.

2 comments:

a random John said...

The bacon shrinks as you cook it. It will fit the pan soon enough.

Anonymous said...

Let's see if this wil let me make a comment. I have not made breakfast much. I did make French toast in bacon grease for a missionary companion and myself. I think she ate it at any rate. I thought it was good. Well, I hope that you win when it counts! Barb