Thursday, April 29, 2010

Vitamin D

So I've gone downhill again, weak, achy, etc.  Same old, same old.  This time I went to my dr. and insisted he test me for everything possible.  I want to have some kind of numbers to balance against when I'm REALLY sick and times when I feel pretty good.  Plus I thought I had MS, which it turns out I don't.  But I do have a severe vitamin D deficiency.  I've been studying up on it and it looks like a lot of people are deficient, especially in the winter, and it can cause a lot of things.  Like the symptoms I'm having.  So I'm gulping down the pills and today I don't feel so much pain.  I guess I'm giving up cheetios, 7up & milky ways bars as my primary source of nutrition.

3 comments:

Bookslinger said...

There are probably some other things you can give up, as an experiment, for like a week at a time, in order to see if those are making you sick.

One thing to try to give up is artificial sweeteners, such as Aspartame (aka Nutrasweet, Equal), and Sucralose (Splenda), and "Acesulfame Potassium".

One or more of those three artificial sweeteners is in almost everything that is labeled "diet" or "no calorie".

So maybe just try giving them up for a week or two, and see what happens.

cathycan said...

You may only eat your cheetos and Milky way bars while sitting in the sun, sipping a glass of milk!
Glad you don't have MS!

annegb said...

Book, I really don't use artificial sweeteners. The taste is just awful to me. I never drink diet drinks. I want my calories neat.

I have pretty much sworn off sweets and pop. They make me nauseous. But just plugging the Vitamin C & hormones, I'm feeling much better. I really need to get outside more. I don't do outdoors well.