Friday, September 28, 2007

Going Luddite

I gave up my cell phone in June and let me tell you, my life is better for it. I haven't missed it, even one time, although I still may wish I had it if I'm abducted by a serial killer or escaped convict and need to call 911 from my car.

I use store phones if I need to check something, it's not a big deal. The best part is my phone never rings unexpectedly, or vibrates in my pocket, making me swerve the car into another lane. Nobody can find me. I love it.

I'm sorry to say, guys, I haven't missed the internet, either. My office is lost and cold and looking more like a basement storeroom, no life in it. The couch and the remote are happy and not so lonely, however. I have more time. It's more peaceful without it.

sorry, guys.

You should try it, really.

3 comments:

Bookslinger said...

You can repent and come back to the fold any time you want. :-)

Anonymous said...

Wow! You really are simpflying your life. It is working for you! I am glad you are just an email away though I probably won't write for a time. Keep us posted on how the "unplugged" live!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm actually an old friend looking for Bryce (some questions about homeschooling). If you are in touch with him, can you ask him to email me? a j flisser at yahoo. I can authenticate my identity (I know what his PSAT scores were). Many thanks, sorry to barge in, and good luck with unplugging!